Sunday 22 March 2015

Celebrating International Day of Happiness

As Mahatma Gandhi once said,
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

How many of us are truly happy? Men, for billions of years now, have searched for happiness in everything around him. In his deed, in his words, in other’s deeds, in other’s words, in his surroundings, in whatever you can think of now, you search for happiness. They say the most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it's all that matters. Instead of looking for happiness in the bigger things of life, why don’t we start with the little things in life that make us happy? After all, the ultimate aim is to lead a happy life, always!



So on this international day of happiness, here’s a list of the simple things in life that make me happy, because if more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world-
·       
  •            Chocolates. Give me chocolates in any form and any shape and you’ll see one of the brightest smiles on my face.  Chocolates means mending a plan gone wrong. There is hardly anything that I can’t get over when I’m eating chocolates.
  •      A well cooked food is the best therapy for all my problems. It doesn’t have to be a hard earned dish, simple ghar ke daal chaval can make me happy if it’s really yummy!
  •     An unexpected cancellation of a lecture in college. Imagine a boring day in college, you’re all prepared to attend another boring lecture on that boring day and you imagine yourself sitting bored in the class and the teacher uttering some more boring words. But wait, just then the notice is put up outside class that the lecture has been cancelled for the day. One full hour of freedom from boredom! You can go grab a bite, hang out around the college, go watch a movie with your friends or heck spend some quality time with your partner. How’s that sound, eh?
  •       Waking up early and realizing that you still have hours to sleep. This is one of my favorites. I always tell my mom that the morning sleep is the best sleep.
  •      Finding money in your pocket that you forgot about. Doesn’t just the sound of it make you happy? I crave for this happiness 24*7. Infact I’m actually checking my pockets now. *wink*
  •       Do you remember the feeling when you turn the TV on one sunny afternoon and your favorite movie is just starting? Didn’t it just made the rest of your day?!

  •          Clean, dry, fresh, ironed clothes make me happy! It’s a good feeling, just what I need on sleepy Monday mornings.
  •          I love popping bubble wraps. When you open an item you bought and you realize it’s covered with a bubble wrap, the happiness is incomparable! I spend the next few hours playing with the wrap, carefully popping each bubble till the wrap is flat.
  •         An old song that plays on the radio which used to be your favorite and you realize you still remember the lyrics to the song, is happiness. The next few minutes when the song is played are pure bliss!
These are some small things in life that make me happy. And Coca-Cola believes in these happy faces of mine. Click here to see some more happiness filled moments. 


2 comments:

  1. Let's celebrate happiness every day. There is always a reason to smile and rejoice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghar ki daal 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete

Please add your reviews here, so I know you stopped by :)